Brenda has lived, worked, and raised her family in the Sonoma Valley for the past thirty years. Her deep appreciation for the Valley lies in the area’s ability to be both raw and vital, fresh and beautiful. Throughout her career, Brenda has always focused on hospitality and the art of curating the leisure lifestyle.
When she moved to the area from San Francisco, Brenda built her first hospitality business, nestled between three vineyards atop Moon Mountain Drive. Since then, she has expanded her reach to include real estate, helping clients discover their dream wine country retreat, or stage and sell their home to someone new. The relationships she has built with artisans and institutions throughout the Valley along with her involvement in Sonoma’s natural surroundings and vibrant community, have given her a deep understanding of the area and made her an expert in the art of leisure.
What is the art of leisure? It is a sensibility: A home in the country where you can hear the wind through the oak trees. Vegetable and herb gardens that grow a homemade dinner. Flowers tilting their faces toward the sun, buzzing with bees and butterflies. The harmony of crickets and frogs croaking in unison at dusk. Red tail hawks soaring through the immense stretch from mountain peak to valley floor. Space, where you can take a deep breath of clean air. And of course, enjoying all the simple pleasures with family and friends.
In the spring, to celebrate Earth Day, Brenda works with mentors + mentees at the Sonoma Valley Mentoring Alliance to create pollinator garden seed packets and distribute them within the community and local businesses. The circular nature of working with Sonoma’s children and growing a lively environment for the pollinators is quintessentially the art of leisure.
Credentials and Affiliations
- Cornell University, Hospitality Management Certification
- National Association of Realtors, Green Home Designation
- Harvard Law School Certificate of Negotiation
- Graduate Realtor Institute: GRI
- Senior Real Estate Specialist: SRES
- Short Sale and Foreclosure Specialist: SFR
- California Real Estate Agent, License #0186210
- North Bay Association of Realtors: NorBAR
- California Association of Realtors: CAR
- National Association of Realtors: NAR
- American Society of Interior Designers: ASID
- Real Estate Negotiation Expert: RENE
- Real Estate Asset Development for wineries
- Entrepreneur, business owner and manager
- Property Management of a 100+ acre estate
- Sales and Negotiations for PRIME Computer and EXXON Corporation
- Brokered large technology contracts with businesses and State of California government
- Successful negotiation of legal agreement including land, improvements and personal property with electric-energy corporation
Leading the Way to Luxury
What Makes Brenda Unique:
- Deep experience with creating luxury experiences & visuals
- A rich perspective as a lifestyle expert and curator
- An artistic viewpoint—known for her creative eye and expertise
- Has the how-to required to create the sought-after “Wine Country Experience”
- Excellent negotiation skills—always seeking to obtain the best possible price
- Currently enrolled in Harvard University negotiation courses
An Elevated Marketing Process:
- Complimentary staging consultation
- An artistic and unique perspective on property promotion, including:
- Custom-designed property fliers, postcards & brochures
- A robust portfolio of blog and social media platforms
- Direct mail campaigns
- Local print advertising
- Elevated yard signs
- Property websites
- Networking for your property
- Thoughtful open house events
- Weekly marketing reports
With 30 years of experience and professionalism, Brenda brings authenticity, transparency, and a high code of ethics with her to every client interaction and transaction.
When marketing your home, Brenda consistently goes the extra mile. From helping you prepare your home to look its best, to spreading the word about your home through online avenues, print, and word of mouth, Brenda will ensure every “i” is dotted and every “t” is crossed.
As a professional with immense experience in negotiations, Brenda’s greatest value is her negotiation skills. Using her background and education, she will ensure your home sells at the best possible price under conditions that work well for everyone involved.
When she’s not selling homes in Wine Country, Brenda enjoys painting portraits of dogs and cats living in local shelters. Once they are adopted, Brenda donates a print of the painting to the animal’s new family.
As a member of the Advisory Board of the St. Francis Solano School Church Mouse for several years, Brenda was a part of the operation of 5 thrift shops which annually donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to local K-8 education.
Sonoma Ecology Center
Brenda is a current member of the Advisory Committee for Sonoma Garden Park, a public park and garden offering weekly harvest markets, youth educational programs, and a vibrant outdoor environment for the community.